from the Owners and Staff at Chat Noir Books.
Wishing everyone a Happy New Years!
No wine consumer in the LCBO will want to head to the store without this definitive guide. Take advantage of the good- to great-value wines available at reasonable prices, and try something new if you tend to buy the same wine time after time. With updated information and new reviews carefully researched, this book is the most comprehensive LCBO wine guide there is. Bottoms up!
- Do you find yourself running from work to your children's sports events or music lessons? Do you frequently have to eat out or grab take-out because you don't have time to shop or prepare supper?
- Imagine coming home from work or your busy day to find a hot, home-cooked meal ready to sit down and eat.
- What if you only had to prepare meals one day every 3 months?
- What if you could go to your freezer and pull out a delicious and nutritious meal that needs only to be cooked? All the preparation is done!
- Sumptuous soups: potato leek soup with Stilton; meaty minestrone; roasted red pepper
- New chili dishes: football Sunday chili; party pleas'n chili; adobe pork and bean chili
- Satisfying mains: rosemary and garlic leg of lamb; gooey glazed beef ribs; coq au yin
- Sweet endings: very adult rice pudding; upside-down fudge brownie pudding; plum cobbler.
"Everybody who grew up on tuna noodle casserole or macaroni and cheese remembers that bubbling dish brought to the table with its top dappled golden brown, piping hot and inviting. My passion for casseroles was born from memories of my childhood and my mother's lasagna, thick and rich and gooey and delicious. But once I had three children of my own, casseroles were the solution to many frenzied nights. We all loved the simplicity, ease, and satisfaction of a well-baked casserole. One of my favorite dessert casseroles was the Pear Crisp my kids and I made in late August when our pear tree was groaning from the weight of those luscious orbs ripening. We'd cut them up and arrange them in a casserole with cinnamon and then blanket them with a streusel made of flour, butter, and sugar before baking until bubbly. Hey, what a great name for a book!"
--from Bake until Bubbly
"Bake until Bubbly . . . the name says it all. Visions of creamy, tender casseroles with crusty, crunchy tops immediately come to mind and Clifford Wright's book delivers. You will find easy-to-make one-dish recipes like the rustic but elegant Veal Saltimbocca and Cassoulet and comfort food such as Blue Cheese Halibut Bake; Sausage, Red Bean, and Apple Casserole; Cranberry-Apple-Walnut Crisp; and Blackberry and Cream Cheese Cr?pes Casserole. I love the fact that you can find everything from breakfast casseroles to vegetarian options to desserts. The Potato, Bacon, and Gruyere Casserole is coming to my next potluck."
--Dede Wilson, Contributing Editor to Bon Appetit magazine and public television host
"Just when I thought there was little left to be exploited in casserole cookery, Clifford Wright comes up with an herby tamale pie with cornmeal mush, an Irish rutabaga pudding, a baked rigatoni with meatballs, a nectarine and almond dessert casserole, and numerous other fascinating dishes guaranteed to add new and exciting dimension to this succulent style of cooking."
--James Villas, author of Crazy for Casseroles and The Glory of Southern Cooking
There is a long tradition of Great Detectives, and Dirk Gently does not belong to it. But his search for a missing cat uncovers a ghost, a time traveler, AND the devastating secret of humankind! Detective Gently`s bill for saving the human race from extinction: NO CHARGE.
A Vonderful Goot Game!
Dutch Blitz is such vonderful goot fun
For young folk -- and old vones too.
Vhy you should see the vones who plays:
They gets in such a stew.
Easy to learn -- exciting to play,
for two or three or four.
And this for sure is vone such game,
that ain't gonna be no bore.
So now, sit down with your friend or kin,
And try this game to play.
Chust bet that vhen you get started vonc't,
You'll play for most the day!